Going Green: A Sustainable Future
Coal remains the foundation of most of the world’s base-load electric power and heat capacity. It is abundant, cheap relative to other alternatives, widely available geographically, with a significant utility customer installed base around the world.
In light of the changing global regulatory environment, we are here to offer a timely renewable solution to our customers who are leading the paradigm shift toward reduced GHG emissions in their efforts to “go green”.
For every ton of coal that is displaced with wood pellets…
• CO2 emissions are reduced by 2 tons
• Hg emissions are eliminated
• HCL emissions are eliminated
• SO2 emissions are reduced by 120 lbs (unscrubbed)
• Ash productions is reduced by 180 lbs
• Lime and H2O purchases are reduced (if scrubbed)
• Achieve immediate RPS credits with existing assets
• Use a fuel source that blends with all types of coal
• Significantly lowers carbon footprint
• Unlike other renewable sources, biomass is 100% dispatchable
Carbon Footprint Whitepaper by WoodFuels
WoodFuels Carbon Footprint Analysis:
WoodFuels has developed a white paper that analyzes the carbon footprint of delivering wood pellets via rail. Let us know what you think!